I love baking and want to share my baked goods with lots of friends but some of them are gluten intolerant. My trainer recently gave me a recipe that is really good (my husband really likes them) and said I could share it. Hope you enjoy it as much as we do! It’s Easy!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
· 1/2 cup butter, softened
· 1/4 cup coconut oil, softened
o (I used unrefined-more coconut flavor) if you use refined-less coconut flavor)
· 3/4 cup brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
· 2 teaspoons vanilla extract (I used a tablespoon)
· 2 large eggs
· 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
· 1/2 teaspoon salt
· 3 cups almond flour
· 1 1/4 cups chocolate chips of choice
o (Lisa used dark chocolate chunks from Whole Foods!)
· 2/3 cup toasted walnuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350F.
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer, cream together the butter, coconut oil, and brown sugar. add the vanilla and eggs, mixing until incorporated.
3. Mix in the baking soda and salt. Add the almond flour, 1 cup at a time, beating well after each addition. Fold in the chocolate chips and walnuts with a wooden spoon.
4. Form the dough into tablespoon rounds and place on the lined baking sheet about 3 inches apart. Bake for 11-13 minutes (I baked them for 8 to 9 minutes), or until golden brown around edges. Cool and enjoy!
by Lisa Martin, owner and personal trainer at Salvere Health and Fitness.